Last updated 24 May 2018
This policy may change and when we make changes we will add the updated version to our website and send an update to anyone still subscribed to our newsletter.
- Data Controller
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and (from 25 May 2018) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“DPRG”). We are responsible for and control the processing of personal information you provide to us.
- How we collect information about you
We collect information from you in the following ways:
When you interact with us directly: This could be when you send us an email.
- Information we collect and why we use it
Personal information we collect about you may include details such as your name, email address and postal address.
We will use this information to:
- answer your queries.
- process your request for resources, for example our leaflets and stickers.
- update you with administrative messages about your request.
- Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal information where:
we have your consent, for example where you have provided us with your address so that we can send you leaflets or stickers,
we have a ‘legitimate interest’, for example we have legitimate interest in assessing the effectiveness of our website for which purpose we use Google Analytics cookies, which we explain below under “Cookies”.
- Sharing your Information
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell or share any information about your web browsing activity.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority).
- Keeping your information safe
We take looking after your information very seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access or use.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our site.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur, and we will notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
Our website may contain links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- How long we hold your information for
We only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity for which you have provided it to us.
- Your rights
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you, including those set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to your personal information:You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing to email@example.com and provide us with evidence of your identity.
- Consent:If you have given us your consent to use personal information you can withdraw your consent at any time. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of the emails you have received from Mailchimp on our behalf, or you can request this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification:You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure:You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for our website performance. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. We will add the updated version to our website and send an update to anyone still subscribed to our newsletter.
The last modification was made on 24 May 2018.